Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Review — An Amazing Game Gets a New Generation
Two years ago, I fell in love with Marvel’s Spider-Man.
Now, with the arrival of the PlayStation 5, Peter Parker's adventure has returned with Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
And underneath all the upgrades, this remains the same game I absolutely loved in 2018.
That's ultimately the most important thing.
The incredible story is still here.
The characters are still here.
The combat is still fantastic.
Swinging through New York is still ridiculously fun.
And Peter Parker's journey still hits just as hard.
New York Has Never Looked Better
The biggest difference, naturally, is presentation.
Seeing Insomniac's New York enhanced for PS5 is beautiful.
Reflections, lighting, character detail and the overall image quality give the city additional life, while the ability to prioritize smoother performance makes swinging through Manhattan feel better than ever.
Spider-Man is a character built around movement.
Speed matters.
Fluidity matters.
Being able to leap from a skyscraper, dive toward traffic, and transition into a swing while the game remains beautifully smooth feels fantastic.
Loading is also dramatically faster, helping the experience feel more immediate.
You spend less time waiting to become Spider-Man and more time actually being Spider-Man.
Exactly how it should be.
Peter's New Face
Of course, there is one change that will probably take players some time to adjust to: Peter Parker has a new face model.
After spending an entire game becoming familiar with the original version of Peter, seeing someone different in those scenes initially feels strange.
I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
Some moments are burned into my memory with the original Peter.
But the performance underneath it remains Yuri Lowenthal's Peter Parker, and the strength of that performance hasn't disappeared.
The emotional core of the game is still there.
The Complete Package
The Remastered release also creates a fantastic way to experience Peter's entire first adventure on PS5.
The main game remains incredible, and having The City That Never Sleeps alongside it makes this feel like one enormous Spider-Man package.
For someone experiencing this story for the first time, this is an incredible place to start.
For someone like me who already loved it?
It's an excuse to do everything again.
And I absolutely will.
Final Verdict
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered doesn't need to reinvent one of the best Spider-Man games ever made.
It simply gives an already incredible adventure a new home.
The visual upgrades are impressive.
The smoother performance makes traversal even better.
The PS5 hardware lets Manhattan shine.
But what makes this game special remains exactly what made it special in 2018:
Peter Parker.
The characters.
The story.
The swinging.
The combat.
The heart.
Two years later, I still absolutely love Marvel’s Spider-Man.
FINAL SCORE: 10/10
Still Amazing. Now Remastered.
Archive Add-On 2026
I eventually went all the way through Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered and earned its Platinum Trophy, meaning I've now Platinumed both the original PS4 game and its Remastered release.
I've replayed this story again and again over the years.
That probably says more than any review score ever could.
Eight years after the original game arrived, I can still turn it on and disappear into this version of New York.






Comments
Post a Comment