Scary Movie (2026) Review: A Dreadfully Unfunny Return


The Scary Movie franchise has returned, but unfortunately, this latest installment did absolutely nothing for me.

Comedy is always subjective, but I found very little to laugh at in this movie. Most of the humor felt strained, repetitive, and overly reliant on being loud or recognizable rather than genuinely clever. Instead of delivering a sharp new parody for the current era of horror, the film frequently felt like it was simply throwing jokes at the screen and hoping something would eventually land.

There may be some enjoyment here for longtime fans who are simply happy to see the franchise return. Familiarity and nostalgia can certainly carry a movie for a while. However, they were not enough to overcome how uninspired and exhausting I found the overall experience.

A comedy does not necessarily need an emotional story or complicated filmmaking to succeed. It does, however, need to be funny. For me, Scary Movie failed at that most important task.

I went into the film willing to embrace its ridiculousness and hoping for an entertaining return to this particular style of parody. Instead, I walked away deeply disappointed. The movie never found a rhythm that worked for me, and its attempts at humor became increasingly tiresome as it continued.

I absolutely did not enjoy Scary Movie, and I cannot recommend it.

Final verdict: Not recommended.

Read my Letterboxd review here:
https://boxd.it/flciPz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌋 Avatar: Fire and Ash – A New Elemental Masterpiece Emerges with First Teaser Trailer

Fantastic Four: The First Steps — A Fantastic Film - Movie Review

PlayStation State of Play Returns September 24: What to Expect