House of the Dragon Season 3 Finale Review: What a Ride

House of the Dragon Season 3 has officially come to an end.
And wow.
What an episode.
The Season 3 finale delivered some incredibly heavy moments, some very intense sequences, and the kind of ending that leaves you immediately thinking about everything that could happen when this story finally continues.
After spending the past eight weeks watching, discussing, reviewing, and following this season episode by episode, it feels strange to finally say that House of the Dragon Season 3 is complete.
But what a ride it has been.
A Heavy and Intense Finale
The biggest thing I took away from the finale was simply how intense it felt.
There were moments throughout this episode where you could really feel the weight of everything that has happened over the course of the season.
The war has continued to grow.
Relationships have changed.
Characters have been forced into increasingly difficult positions.
And the consequences of everything that has happened are becoming harder and harder to escape.
This finale carries that weight extremely well.
There are some heavy emotional moments, some very intense developments, and a feeling throughout the episode that the world of House of the Dragon is moving toward something even more dangerous.
Without getting into major spoilers here, there were several moments where I was simply sitting there thinking about how crazy the future of this story could become.
Season 4 Could Start at Full Throttle
The ending especially makes me wonder how Season 4 is going to begin.
Unless the show decides to use some kind of time jump, it feels like the next season could begin at full throttle.
There is so much happening.
There are so many pieces in motion.
There are so many unresolved situations that it almost feels impossible for the story to slow down when we eventually return.
And honestly, that is one of the biggest reasons I am already excited.
House of the Dragon has spent three seasons building this conflict, showing us the people involved, their motivations, their mistakes, their loyalties, and everything they are willing to sacrifice.
Season 4 now has the opportunity to take all of that and push it even further.
The future of this show could be absolutely crazy.
The Hard Part Is the Wait
The one thing I am disappointed about is the wait.
Knowing that House of the Dragon is not expected to return until 2028 makes this ending hurt a little more.
Of course, I would love to see Season 4 arrive right at the beginning of 2028.
Would that be amazing?
Absolutely.
Do I personally expect that?
Probably not.
Whenever the show does return, though, I know I will be ready.
After watching these characters and this conflict continue to develop over the past several years, I cannot wait to return to Westeros and see what happens next.
Looking Back at Season 3
Season 3 has been a great journey for me.
There were episodes that were incredibly intense.
There were episodes that slowed things down.
There were major surprises.
There were dragon moments.
There were emotional moments.
There were episodes where I wanted the story to move a little faster, and others where I was completely locked in from beginning to end.
That is part of what made following this season every week so much fun.
Instead of watching everything at once, we had time every Sunday to experience an episode, talk about it, think about what happened, and then spend another week wondering where the story might go next.
That weekly experience is something I genuinely appreciate.
Thank You for Following the Weekly Reviews
I also want to thank everyone who has followed these House of the Dragon Season 3 reviews.
Whether you read one review or followed all eight, watched one of my short reactions, watched the longer reviews, or joined me during one of the weekly watch parties, I appreciate you being part of this journey.
We started this season together back with Episode 1, and now here we are eight episodes later at the end.
It has been a great experience covering the show every week.
And although the weekly Season 3 reviews are now finished, my House of the Dragon coverage is not over.
My Massive Season 3 Review Is Still Coming
Later on, I plan to release a much larger review looking back at House of the Dragon Season 3 as a complete season.
That review will allow me to step away from the immediate weekly reactions and look at everything together.
What worked?
What did not work as well?
Which episodes stood out?
Which characters had the strongest stories?
How does Season 3 compare to Seasons 1 and 2?
And how do I feel about House of the Dragon as an overall series now that we are three seasons into the journey?
That will all be part of the much larger review.
I am really looking forward to putting that together.
Until Season 4
For now, though, House of the Dragon Season 3 is officially wrapped.
I thought the finale was great.
It was heavy.
It was intense.
It left a lot hanging in the balance.
And it made me incredibly excited for the future.
Season 4 feels like it could begin with absolute chaos, and I cannot wait to eventually return to this world and see where everything goes next.
Thank you again to everyone who followed these weekly reviews and watch parties.
What a ride.
House of the Dragon Season 3 is officially complete.
Until we return to Westeros.








Comments
Post a Comment