LANTERNS Season 1, Episode 2 Review — The Journey Is Just Getting Started

Two episodes in, and I continue to be very happy that Lanterns is finally here.

Following a strong series premiere, Episode 2 keeps the story moving while giving us more time with these characters and this new corner of the DC Universe. Without getting into spoilers, there is some genuinely good stuff happening here, and I'm becoming increasingly interested in seeing exactly where everything is headed.

One of my biggest positives continues to be the central pairing of Kyle Chandler as Hal Jordan and Aaron Pierre as John Stewart. Their performances were one of the things that immediately stood out to me in Episode 1, and that continues here.

They each bring something different to their Lantern, and that contrast is becoming an important part of what makes the series work for me so far.

I also appreciate that Lanterns doesn't feel like it's in a rush.

There are mysteries being developed, relationships taking shape and pieces being placed on the board that clearly aren't supposed to make complete sense yet. Coming out of Episode 1, I had plenty of questions about where this story was going, and Episode 2 continues building upon that foundation rather than immediately giving everything away.


That's exactly what I want from a weekly series like this.

There needs to be something that makes you want to come back the following week, and right now Lanterns is doing that for me.

The biggest feeling I continue to have, though, is simply how nice it is to have the Green Lantern side of DC back in action.

We've waited a long time to properly explore this mythology again in live action, and even though we're only two episodes into the season, I'm enjoying being back in this world.

Episode 2 is another enjoyable chapter and continues what I thought was a very promising beginning.

We went from Episode 1 wondering what Episode 2 would bring.


Now Episode 2 is over, and I'm already looking toward Episode 3.

That's a pretty good sign.

Overall, I very much enjoyed LANTERNS Episode 2, and I'm excited to see where this journey takes us next. 🟢

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man: Brand New Day Review — Nothing but HIGH PRAISE for Spider-Man: Brand New Day!

PlayStation State of Play Returns September 24: What to Expect

🌋 Avatar: Fire and Ash – A New Elemental Masterpiece Emerges with First Teaser Trailer